About IAGES Fellowship Course
- IAGES will conduct a 3-day certification course at Hyderabad, Telangana from 26 to 28 January 2023.
- The course will be a balanced mix of didactic lectures by eminent faculties with ample time for discussion, video presentations, open house sessions, symposia and direct informal interaction with eminent faculties.
- All the faculty are experts in their sub-specialisations and are eager to impart knowledge to the next generation.
- The objectives of this course are to impart/update theoretical knowledge through close interaction & improving hand-eye coordination.
- There will be many unique features in the course to make it more useful, convenient & memorable for you.
- A live operative workshop will be conducted on 28 January. Commonly done basic and advanced Laparoscopic procedures will be demonstrated by eminent faculty who are masters in their field. The goal is to have an open interactive session with the surgeons from which the delegates can benefit the most.
Those who are not members may apply for membership online. Please see the website www.iages.in for more details.
- Applicant must be a member of IAGES.
- Applicant can apply for any of the following two categories depending upon fulfilling the eligibility criteria.
A - Examination Category:
- Applicant must have a minimum of 2 years experience in Laparoscopic Surgery (includes experience in Laparoscopy as a Post Graduate Resident).
- Applicant must have a certificate from the HOD, employer or self if running own hospital.
B - Non-Examination Criteria:
- Applicant must be a faculty in a teaching institution and/or must have more than 10 years in performing Laparoscopic Surgery.
- Must already be a member of IAGES or should become a member.
- Should have performed > 100 Laparoscopic procedures over the last 3 years.
- Should complete the entire 3-day course and the informal interview.
FIAGES certification will be awarded to successful candidates at the Convocation Ceremony which will be held at the annual conference of IAGES in February 2023 at Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. A unique advantage is that the fellowship may be secured within a month of the programme.