Dr Kona Lakshmi Kumari
Department: Bariatric Surgery
Designation: Sr. Consultant - Surgical Gastroenterology, Minimal Access GI Surgery & Bariatric Surgery
Qualification: MS, FICSBook an appointment
Dr Kona Lakshmi Kumari has been in the field of Surgical Gastroenterology for about 2 decades and has accumulated immense experience and expertise in Minimal Access, Bariatric and Metabolic Surgical procedures. She completed her MBBS and MS (Gen Surgery) in the years 1992 and 1997 respectively from S.C.B Medical, Cuttack. She has been trained in Bariatric surgery at NUH, Singapore and Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA. Dr Lakshmi has a keen interest in research & academics and enjoys mentoring the beginners in Minimally Access Surgery. She is also an active participant in various medical forums and conferences. She held the position of the Vice President of IAGES, Central Zone through the years 2008-2010 & 2010-2012 and was the Organizing Secretary for OSSICON–2009 and FIAGES, Hyderabad – 2010 & 2012.
2 Decades of Experience
- Performed over 25,000 Minimal Access and more than 1000 Bariatric procedures.
- Performed highest number of single incision Scar-less Bariatric Surgeries in the state of AP and Telangana.
- Worked at NUH, Singapore
- Worked at Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, USA
- Laparoscopic Hernia Repairs (Inguinal, Incisional, Ventral Hernias & Redo Hernias)
- Laparoscopic Upper Gastrointestinal surgeries
- Minimal Access Surgery
- Minimal Access Bariatric Surgery