The building, improving and sustaining the health care delivery needs of the Nation.
Depatment of Cardiac Science, Gleneagles Global Hospitals Lakdi Ka Pul, Hyderabad
Cardiac science involves the analysis and treatment of heart disease. It involves carrying out crucial diagnostic tests, monitoring various procedures, providing analytical feedback and personalized treatment plan to cure the heart condition. Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Lakdi-ka-pul, is trustworthy and one among the best hospitals for cardiac treatments in Hyderabad.
Cardiac Science is considered one of the largest branches of science theory that deals with the diseases of blood vessels and heart. If a person shows acute or chronic symptoms of cardiac diseases like chest pain, dizziness, change in heart rate breathing, high blood pressure, and respiratory problems, then they should consult a doctor immediately. We have some of the best cardiovascular and thoracic surgeons in Hyderabad onboard and some of our services include:
- Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgeries
- Vascular and Endovascular surgeries
- Outpatient Department
- Consultation with some of the best heart surgeons in Hyderabad
- Cardiac Cath Lab
Different types of cardiac surgeries performed at the hospital include:
Considered one of the best hospitals in Hyderabad, well-trained doctors perform a wide range of cardiovascular and thoracic surgeries with accurate expertise.
- Coronary Artery Bypass Grafting Surgery: The heart receives its circulation and energy from the pumping of the blood to and from the body using coronary arteries. Sometimes, these arteries get narrowed due to the thickening and hardening of arteries called atherosclerosis. This causes a restriction to the blood flow. The artery is taken from one part of the body and attached to the affected area which leads to blood flow.
- Cardiac Surgery-Paediatric: Considered one of the best hospitals for heart diseases in Hyderabad, children with cardiac surgeries are given special attention and care. Defects known as Congenital Heart Defects are the defects that a child is born with. Cardiac surgery becomes important as these defects should turn into something serious after birth.
- Valve Replacement Surgery: We have amongst the best doctors to perform this surgery. This surgery involves making sure that the blood flow in the four valves is not narrowed and no leakage found. It is done using an artificial heart valve to replace the affected heart valve Our heart surgeons use bioprosthesis or a mechanical valve to perform this value replacement surgery.
Why choose Gleneagles Global Hospitals Lakdi Ka Pul, Hyderabad for treating Heart related dieases?
People from around the globe visit our hospital in Hyderabad as we are one of the best hospitals for cardiac surgery in Hyderabad. Your problems are given immediate attention with the best medical facilities by the best heart surgeons. Our hospital runs on latest technologies advancements which focuses on all types of cardiovascular and thoracic surgeries. Our patients undergo extensive care and clinical trials by our doctors, proving that we are among the best doctors for cardiac treatments. Our team of experienced doctors work on their craft continuously and pledge to serve you better each day. We have some of the best heart doctors in Hyderabad for the treatment of heart diseases.
Diagonsis of a Heart Condition
Various cardiology services are performed by some of the best cardiac surgeons that we have onboard and they are outlined below:
- Coronary Angiogram: A Coronary Angiogram is a special type of an X-ray using dye to show if there is any particular narrowing of the coronary arteries. The access to these is via the femoral artery named groin or radial artery named wrist.
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention (PCI): It is also known as coronary angioplasty or simply angioplasty. It is a non-surgical procedure done by the best hospital for cardiac surgery in Hyderabad, to treat the stenotic coronary arteries of the heart. The diagnosis involves the use of balloons and stents to open and hold the narrowing of the artery.
- Atrial Septal Defect: Atrial Septal defect and Patent Foramen Ovale (PFO) are performed by the best heart specialist in Hyderabad. ASD is one of those birth defects where there is a hole in the wall called septum which is between the two upper chambers of the heart. This heart defect can be closed with a minimal invasion, a non-surgical procedure by which a closure device is implanted in the wall of the Atrial septum.
- Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator: This is a battery-powered device that is placed under the skin to keep the tracks of your heartbeat rate. Some thin wires that connect to the ICD are attached to your heart. If there is any abnormal heart rhythm that is detected through this device, then an electric shock is delivered to restore the normal heartbeat.
- Coronary Intervention: Treated by the best heart surgeons in Hyderabad, coronary intervention is caused by a build-up of atherosclerotic plaque within the coronary artery, which can block the blood flow in the artery. The best heart surgeons perform the following methods to find solutions: Using specialized wires that can make a pathway to pass through the blockage and then perform an Angioplasty to restore the blood flow in the artery. Cardiologists use a procedure called Rotablation to try and restore blood flow by inserting a wire that has a diamond tip drill at its tip. This allows us to compress the air and gradually widens the narrowing and follows is a pathway.
- Pacemaker: Heart diseases damage your sinus node’s ability to follow the correct pace for heart bear rating and thus you require a medical procedure to treat an arrhythmia called Atrial Fibrillation.
- Transoesophageal Echocardiogram: Performed by the best hospital and the best heart specialists in Hyderabad, this is a procedure that looks at the heart chambers and valves using the method of ultrasound. The probe is particularly passed through the mouth following into your oesophagus. Proper medical advice is to be taken as it involves going under heavy sedation.
Treatment Heart related dieases
What are the different types of heart diseases treated at Gleneagles Global Hospital, Lakdi-ka-pul, Hyderabad
- Angina: Only the best heart surgeons can detect such acute heart chest pain that is caused when your heart muscle doesn't get enough oxygen-rich blood. During this defect, you may feel symptoms like pressure or squeezing in your chest, a sudden discomfort can also occur in your shoulders, arms, neck, jaw, or back.
- Cardiomyopathy: This is a heart disease that can be treated by the best doctors that we have. The heart muscle gets harder and does not allow you to pump blood to the rest of your body. It can the majority lead to heart failure. We advise consulting the best heart specialist immediately.
- Hypertension: Sounds familiar? This is a long-term medical condition that requires routine medication. The blood pressure in the arteries is persistently elevated causing fatigue and concentration failure.
- Dyspnoea: It is also known as shortness of breath that may have different causes, for example, heavy exercise, tight clothing, a prolonged period of best rest or a desk-bound lifestyle.
- Sleep Apnoea: It is considered a sleep disorder where a person has paused in his breathing cycle during sleep. Known as shallow breathing, this pause can last for a few seconds or minutes and can happen several times during the night.
- Congestive Cardiac Failure: Consult the best hospital for cardiovascular and thoracic surgery in Hyderabad, for such chronic progressive heart conditions. This heart disease affects the pumping power of the heart muscles due to fluids that build up around your heart.
- Rheumatic Heart Disease: Where the heart valves have been permanently damaged by rheumatic fever (fever that can affect the heart, joints, brain, and skin).
- Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD): Known as a hole in the heart which is present at the time of birth. The hole occurs in the wall that separates the heart’s lower ventricles and then allows the blood to pass from the left side to the right side of the heart.
- Ischemic Heart Disease: This heart disease means that the heart is not getting enough blood and oxygen. Also called coronary artery disease, this defect is caused by narrowed heart arteries that work for supplying blood to the heart muscle.
Treatment provided at Gleneagles Global Hospitals, Lakdi-ka-pul, Hyderabad:
- Heart valve repair & replacement
- Complex correction of congenital heart disease
- Re-operative cardiac surgery
Best Heart Doctors / Cardiologists and Surgeons in Lakdi Ka Pul, Hyderabad
Gleneagles Global Hospital is known for having some of the best team of heart surgeons and specialists holding expertise in various heart diseases and its treatments onboard. We deliver an all-round support with some of the best cardiovascular surgeons in Hyderabad. Our doctors are extremely professional and perform their duties to the best of their knowledge. Treating their patients with utmost care is what they believe in by making sure that no patient leaves non-satisfied with our treatment. We assure you that you are and will be in great hands at Gleneagles Global Hospital, Hyderabad.
We are with you in your journey to better health
A consultation with our panel of doctors, specialists and surgeons will help you determine what kind of services you may need to help diagnose and treat your condition. If you or someone in your family or friend’s circle are facing any health issues, please get in touch with us, we are here for you.
You maybe interested in
We are committed to deliver an exceptional patient experience
Delivering an exceptional patient experience is deeply ingrained into our processes and personnel. Our exceptional medical expertise is matched by our commitment to personalized care. At Gleneagles Global Hospital, Lakdi-ka-pul, Hyderabad, we are steadfastly committed in our endeavours to bring hope, wellness and succour to the patients and care-givers. We believe in strengthening lives through compassionate care, innovative therapies and relentless efforts.