Department of Gastroenterology, Gleneagles Global Hospitals Lakdi Ka Pul, Hyderabad
Gastric sciences deal with the proper functioning of the digestive system in our body. It involves all the parts of the digestive system, including the stomach, small and large intestine, pancreas, liver, and gallbladder. The digestive system is also known as the gastrointestinal tract (GIT). Thus, gastroenterology is a specialized art of medicine that focuses on the health of the digestive system and treatment of liver diseases. Our centre of gastroenterology is one of the best hospitals for gastroenterology in Hyderabad. We hire some of the best gastroenterologist in Hyderabad to give you holistic care. We follow a 360-degree approach, starting from early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of various gastroenterological disorders and conditions. To follow this aim, our centre is equipped with state-of-art infrastructure and facilities. Along with physical elements that make us one of the best hospitals for gastroenterology in Hyderabad, we also have highly trained medical staff and paramedical staff, including some of the best gastroenterologist in Hyderabad. Areas of special focus include:
- hepatology, which focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of liver diseases, gallbladder, biliary tree, and pancreas
- pancreatic-biliary disorder
- Bowel disorder
- inflammatory bowel disease, or chronic inflammation of your digestive tract
- gastrointestinal cancer
- endoscopic surveillance
- reflux esophagitis which is generally due to gastroesophageal reflux disease
Our team of gastroenterologists have international experience and ensures that you are well-guided through every step of the treatment, right from initial assessment to diagnosis, followed by treatment. Expert guidance on diet and lifestyle changes is also provided to bring you back to good health and take preventive measures.
Why choose Gleneagles Global Hospitals for treating gastric problems?
Patients have regularly relied on us for the treatment of their bowel disorder and pancreato-biliary disorder as we are one of the best hospitals for gastroenterology in Hyderabad. We are a centre that provides specializes in providing comprehensive care for liver diseases curated and catered according to individual needs. Our commitment to delivering guaranteed results and improving patient-centric outcomes makes us one of the best hospitals for gastroenterology in Hyderabad. We use world-class technology and adhere to world-class quality standards for all our surgical procedures. Our numbers speak for us. With 50+ surgeons and staff and over 10,000 happy patients, we are one of the best hospitals for gastroenterology in Hyderabad. We provide treatments for bowel disorders, liver diseases, pancreato-biliary disorder, and others, and we make sure to hire some of the best gastroenterologist in Hyderabad.
Diagonsis of Gastric dieases
The process for diagnosis starts from undertaking a thorough medical examination, understanding the patient’s medical history, the symptoms observed to help patients get an accurate diagnosis of their disorder and abnormalities. We make sure that the whole process is smooth and worry-free for our patients, making us one of the best hospitals for gastroenterology in Hyderabad. To thoroughly diagnose the situation, along with studying a patient’s medical history, we also conduct a physical examination. If required, patients also have an option to go through extensive evaluation techniques like imaging studies, laboratory tests, and endoscopic procedures to help in understanding the underlying condition of discomfort better. Our centre is equipped with the latest cutting-edge technology and gastroenterology equipment, which help us provide the best treatment and care for digestive disorders and related conditions. Some vital diagnostic procedures that we offer to help diagnose and treat gastrointestinal and liver conditions include the following:
- Faecal occult blood test – faecal occult blood test (FOBT) is a laboratory test that is used to check for the presence of hidden (occult) blood in the stool sample. Blood in the stool may indicate haemorrhoids, colorectal cancer, or other conditions.
- Stool culture – This is a test that is used to identify the presence of bacteria that causes infection in the lower GI tract.
- Colorectal transit study – This test helps in understanding how well food moves through the colon.
- Computed tomography (CT) scan – Detailed images of the body, including details of the bones, muscles, fat, and organs, can be obtained via CT, which is an imaging test that uses X-rays and computers.
- Defecography – This is used to identify completeness of stool elimination and any anorectal abnormalities. It evaluates the rectal muscle contraction and relaxation utilizing the X-ray of the anorectal area.
- Barium enema – It is a test used to examine the large intestine, lower parts of the small intestine, and rectum using X-ray. It can identify strictures (narrowed areas), blocks or obstructions, and other problems.
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) – It is a diagnostic test that produces detailed imaging of organs and structures within the body using a combination of large magnets, radio frequencies, and a computer.
- Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) – This test uses a combination of radio waves and magnets and is used to view the bile ducts.
- Oropharyngeal motility study – The patient is provided with small amounts of barium liquid to drink, and later, a series of X-rays are taken to evaluate what happens as the liquid is swallowed.
- Ultrasound – This test used high-frequency sound waves and a computer to create images of blood vessels, tissues, and organs.
- Colonoscopy – This is used in screening for polyps and colon cancer and also to investigate uncontrolled diarrhoea, intestinal bleeding, and inflammatory bowel disease.
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) – This is used for the diagnosis of any problems in the gallbladder, pancreas, bile duct, and liver and uses the power of X-ray and endoscope to diagnose the underlying condition.
- Esophagogastroduodenoscopy – This is used to examine the inside of the oesophagus, stomach, and duodenum using an endoscope.
- Sigmoidoscopy – This is used for identifying the causes of diarrhoea, abdominal pain, constipation, bleeding, and any abnormal growth in the intestine by examining the inside of a portion of the large intestine.
- Upper endoscopy – This is a minimally invasive technique used to directly visualize the upper gastrointestinal tract for evaluation of disorders, including acid reflux, trouble swallowing, abdominal pain, and celiac disease.
- Anorectal manometry – This is used for evaluating anorectal malformations and Hirschsprung disease, among other problems, by determining the strength of the muscles in the rectum and anus.
- Oesophageal manometry – This is used to provide a complete view of the oesophagus to assess its function and is better over conventional manometric studies.
- Oesophageal pH monitoring study – This study is recommended for patients with Gastroenterology Reflux Disorder (GERD) or Acid reflux and who do not respond to the usual antacid treatments.
- Capsule endoscopy – This is a minimally invasive technique that is used to investigate small bowel and oesophagus.
- Gastric manometry – This is used for measuring electrical and muscular activity in the stomach.
- Magnetic resonance cholangiopancreatography (MRCP) – This is mainly used to obtain pictures of the bile duct using magnetic resonance imaging (MRI).
Treatment of Gastric dieases
Being amongst one of the best hospitals for gastroenterology in Hyderabad, our team performs surgical treatment of diseases associated with the gallbladder, liver, pancreas, hepatobiliary system, oesophagus, stomach, and upper and lower gastrointestinal tract. However, not all patients would require surgery. We begin with initial investigations and recommend medicines/drugs to alleviate the condition. We advise and perform an endoscopic evaluation of the gastrointestinal tract to correctly identifying the underlying cause of the disease or condition and then personalize the treatment for every patient.
These specialists perform a range of nonsurgical procedures. This can include:
- Endoscopic ultrasounds to examine some internal organs and the upper and lower GI tract
- Colonoscopies which helps to detect colon cancer or colon polyps
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography to identify tumors, gallstones, or scar tissue in the bile duct area
- Sigmoidoscopies which helps to evaluate blood loss or pain in the bowel
- Liver biopsies help to assess inflammation and fibrosis
- Capsule endoscopies help to examine the small intestine
- Double-balloon enteroscopy help to examine the small intestine
Conditions treated include the following
We provide comprehensive treatment for a wide spectrum of gastrointestinal disorders
- Gall bladder
- Cholecystitis (inflammation)
- Stomach and Oesophagus
- Indigestion/ Acid Reflux/ Oesophagitis/ Gastritis /GERD
- Hiatus Hernia
- Gastric Cancer
- Duodenitis (Inflammation)
Major Surgeries Performed
Cutting-edge Surgical Procedures for Delivery Exceptional Patient-outcomes
- Upper GI endoscopy
- Hiatus hernia repair
- Anti-reflux surgery
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Endoscopic Retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
Best Gastroentrologists in Lakdi Ka Pul, Hyderabad
We have onboard some of the best gastroenterologist in Hyderabad to provide you with patient-centric care. Our latest technological advancements and highly trained para-medical staff are at your service 24x7. Our experts aid you in every step of the process, right from early detection, diagnosis, and treatment of various disorders like bowel disorders, pancreato-biliary disorders, and liver diseases. We focus on providing holistic treatment to our patients. Along with the surgeries performed, we also have the option of comprehensive meal plans for patients, which are made by keeping the patient’s condition in mind. The above features make us one of the best hospitals for gastroenterology in Hyderabad.