Department of Nephrology & Urology, Gleneagles Global Hospitals Lakdi Ka Pul, Hyderabad
Gleneagles Global Hospital is one of the best hospitals for kidney disease in Hyderabad, providing the best service from beginning to end. The kidney is a vital organ needed to ensure our body functions properly. Its function is to clean the blood and remove toxins from the blood. This removes toxic waste such as ammonia and urea and ensures these toxins are washed out of the body. It also assists by releasing the hormone erythropoietin in controlling blood pressure along with increasing red blood cells.
Our team for the treatment of kidney diseases and kidney transplant contains the following members: the best surgical nephrologist in Hyderabad, the best kidney specialist who works closely with a highly trained nurse to coordinate your appointments. A pharmacist, who is also a part of the team, looks after the medications and helps avoid dangerous combinations of medicines. A dietician monitors the food you eat and helps you develop healthy meal plans. While it may take the body some time to adjust to a new kidney, patients have shown positive outcomes with significant changes in their health and kidney function. After the transplant is completed by Hyderabad's top kidney doctor, regular blood tests are performed to make sure the donor's kidney is doing fine.
Why choose Gleneagles Global Hospitals for treating Kidney dieases?
Gleneagles Global Hospitals is one of the best hospitals for nephrology in Hyderabad, providing the best kidney transplant surgery services. It also specializes in follow-procedure surgery and treatment care. We agree that aftercare is also important and that is something that our trained nurses and para-medical staff take care of. Our kidney transplant surgery centre is run by the best kidney doctors in Hyderabad whose professional knowledge and skills have contributed significantly to the creation of a nationally recognized name.
We are a centre with a global team of physicians. In Hyderabad, we have one of the best specialists in kidney transplants. The Gleneagles Global Brand has been preferred by people throughout Asia who suffer from renal failure or other cases of organ transplantation and we are among the best hospital for kidney diseases in Hyderabad. We have state-of-the-art operating theatres, specialized in providing surgeons with minimal access to surgical features in cases where advanced surgical interference is required.
Our achievements showcase our doctors ' expertise. We carried out the first operation of twin-kidney transplants in Andhra Pradesh and Telangana state. We were also the first hospital to have been accredited by the Indian government.
Diagnosis of Kidney Dieases
Nephrology deals with kidney illnesses. Steps taken to diagnose kidney damage and illness include:-
There is an excess protein found in the urine for long-term kidney disorders such as diabetic nephropathy and ketonuria; urine is obtained within a normal 24-hour period to measure overall daytime protein excretion. Also, the use of cultural techniques can detect urinary tract infections and other abnormalities.
Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR)
Creatinine clearance is used for measuring glomerular filtration rate for medical reference. In some cases, even inulin is used for the method described above. The word clearance here means the amount of plasma that the kidneys can cleanse per unit of time. In an adult male, the standard normal creatinine clearance is about 90-150 ml/minute.
It is the most commonly used non-invasive technique for medical examination which provides an image of the kidneys on a computer screen. It uses high-frequency waves of sound that bounce back and create an image of the object, an organ in this case. Some of the abnormalities which can be diagnosed using this technique are polycystic kidney disease and kidney stones.
MR angiography may be used to detect abnormalities in the blood vessels inside the kidneys. In this procedure, the arm injects a radio-contrast dye into a vein, and MRI images are taken as the dye travels through the kidneys. That gives a clear picture of the network of blood vessels and their kidney abnormalities.
Imaging studies of the kidney
Certain imaging studies used to identify structural or other kidney defects include computed tomography scanning (CT scan) or Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) scanning. This can also aid in identifying lung and kidney tumors.
In this procedure with the aid of two thin needles a small amount of lesioned tissue is removed from the kidney. Ultrasound or any other imaging technique helps the process.
Intravenous urography (IVU):
Iodinated contrast dye is injected and taken using X-rays or other imaging methods such as a CT scan.
Here radioactive isotopes are used to identify kidney defects.
Using a catheter and ultrasound, a dye is inserted into the aorta of the kidneys in this method. The dye’s path is traced to detect any kidney abnormalities.
Here, high-frequency sound waves are used for imaging the kidneys. An ultrasound can be used to get a real-time image of the kidneys, so it is one of the first tests that the doctor orders in cases of suspected kidney failure.
Treatment of Kidney Dieases
Some of the abnormalities that are treated at our centre are kidney stones, glomerulonephritis and kidney infection. Below is a list of all the treatments given:
- Kidney Stones: A kidney stone is a solid hard mass that can be several millimetres tall. Stone is formed in the kidney when certain salts are precipitated and accumulated in the kidney which need to be excreted with the urine. Treatment involves prescribing medicines that regulate urine acidity and in turn reduce crystallization. Intensive care makes us one of the best hospitals for the treatment of kidney stones in Hyderabad.Read more
- Prostate Cancer: This is a form of cancer that develops in men's pelvis in the walnut-shaped prostate gland. There are two types, malignancy, and benignity. Various causes of prostate cancer include age, family history, smoking and drinking habits, and diet have been identified.Read more
- Enlarged Prostate: In some cases, people have an enlargement of the prostate gland that is benign in nature, but it prevents urine flow through the urethra. The enlarged prostate signs include frequent urination, desire to urinate, etc. Lifestyle choices are some of the extended prostate's major causes.Read more
- Kidney Failure: If you have end-stage kidney disease, if your kidneys cannot keep up with waste and fluid elimination on their own, you suffer complete or almost total kidney failure. You need dialysis at that stage or a kidney transplant.
- Chronic nephropathy: It is a disorder in which smaller kidney units are impaired, leading to kidney function failure. Medications such as angiotensin-converting enzyme are used to treat high blood pressure, one of the major causes of this disease.
- Chronic Kidney Disease: Chronic kidney failure does not necessarily get cured. Many medications, however, can help control the signs and symptoms, decrease the risk of complications, and delay disease progression.
- Kidney Infection: It is a form of infection of the urinary tract that can affect one or both kidneys. The first line of treatment involves antibiotics, and further, the second line of treatment is introduced, considering that we are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of kidney infection in Hyderabad.
- Glomerulonephritis: This is an inflammation of the glomeruli, also known as glomerular disease. Dysfunction in glomeruli can cause kidney damage because this affects the filtration of urine.Read more
- Nephroblastoma: This is a rare type of kidney cancer that affects children most of all. It is a form of malignant tumour, with a high chance of spreading to other organs of the body. We offer surgery, chemotherapy, and radiotherapy as nephroblastoma treatments making us one of the best hospitals for the treatment of nephroblastoma in Hyderabad.
- Kidney Cysts: Cysts are round, non-cancerous, fluid-filled pouches that can affect kidney function. There may be one or more cysts formed. Kidney cyst treatment involves either draining the fluid out of the cyst by puncturing it or removing the cyst with the help of minimally invasive surgery.Read more
Top Urologists, Nephrologists, Kidney Transplant Surgeons in Lakdi Ka Pul, Hyderabad
The team for kidney transplant includes–nephrologists, intensivists, anaesthetists, Hyderabad's best kidney transplant surgeon, kidney transplant coordinators, nurses, care managers, physiotherapists, nutritionists, and other professionals who can work together to coordinate treatment at all levels. The process involves waiting and planning cycles, transplant surgery and post-transplant recovery cycles. Our team remains committed to giving you a complete and productive life after a kidney transplant. At Gleneagles Global Hospitals, we bring you a team of professional experts with comprehensive knowledge of their subjects along with specialized skills developed mainly in the field of nephrology, making us one of the best hospitals for treatment of kidney disease in Hyderabad. With our dedicated team, you will feel at home, and we will ensure that we provide world-class facilities to ensure that kidney diseases are treated.