Department of Orthopaedic and Joint Replacement, Gleneagles Global Hospitals Lakdi Ka Pul, Hyderabad
The Institute of Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement at Gleneagles Global Hospital, Lakdi-ka-pul, Hyderabad deals with the treatment of bone problems. We are one of the best orthopaedic hospitals in Hyderabad and we provide you with the best treatment for your bone problems with our advanced technologies and best medical facilities.
Joint replacement surgery is recommended to patients experiencing severe pain due to progressive arthritis. We perform joint replacement surgery when a replacement of hips or joints is needed and that may involve the complete removal of the damaged joint and is replaced with a prosthetic counterpart. The aim of this surgery is to restore mobility in the patient.
Our Orthopaedics department deals with the diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system of the body and gives the best treatment for it and that makes us one of the best hospitals for orthopaedic and joint replacement in Hyderabad. Our department of Orthopaedics & Joint replacement does advanced joint replacement surgery and offers best treatment for bone problems that may include various surgeries such as Fusion, Joint replacements, Osteotomy, Arthroscopy, etc.
Why choose Gleneagles Global Hospitals for orthopaedic and joint repalcement?
At Gleneagles Global Hospital, Hyderabad, our department of orthopaedics and joint replacement will provide you with the best treatment for bone problems that you face. Our doctors and surgeons are very well versed in their work and have a great knowledge of their specializations which makes us one of the best orthopaedic hospitals in Hyderabad. We make sure that our patients are guided throughout their journey and we also help you in making all the decisions.
We treat a wide range of orthopaedic conditions which include, but not limited to osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, knee replacement, hip replacement, ACL repair, ligament repair, shoulder injury, tendinitis, avascular necrosis, Ankylosing Spondylitis, Cervical Spondylosis, slipped disk, joint replacement, tennis elbow, etc.
We use minimal invasive arthroscopy and arthroplasty techniques depending on the nature of the orthopaedic condition, which makes us one of the best hospitals for orthopaedic surgery in Hyderabad. Our wealth of experience, wide-ranging expertise in orthopaedics has helped us grow into one of the best orthopaedic and joint replacement Hospital in Hyderabad. We also provide treatment of sports-related injuries and treatment of major organs. Joint replacement requires skilled diagnosis and our expert panel of doctors are equipped with the necessary skill set to treat the exact deformity. Gleneagles Global Hospital has the most modern facilities and state of the art equipment and also a trauma centre where patients succumbing to life-threatening injuries are treated. Our team of polite and dedicated staff who work tirelessly to provide you with utmost satisfaction.
Diagonsis of Orthopaedic problems
The Orthopaedics and the joint replacement department of our hospital provides comprehensive treatment to all the bone and joint problems. We are one of the best hospitals for joint replacement in Hyderabad that has a wide variety of diagnostics that we provide to our patients. Being one of the best orthopaedic hospitals in Hyderabad, we provide the highest level of patient care with professional expertise to our patients.
We have been developing and evolving ourselves according to the needs of our patients and give them the best that we can for the treatment of bone problems, joint replacements, and orthopaedic problems. We keep updating our technologies and medical facilities so that we can provide them with the best cure possible. Some methods for the diagnosis of orthopaedic conditions are:
Arthrography is a type of imaging done by way of an X-ray of the joints. The joints to be examined can be of knees, shoulders, wrist, elbow or even jaws. Computed tomography (CT) scanning, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) or fluoroscopy may be performed after arthrography to image the joint.
A bone scan is an imaging test used to help diagnose problems with bone metabolism. It safely uses a minimal amount of a radiopharmaceutical, which is referred to as a “dye” but does not stain your bones. It can also be used to determine if cancer has spread from the bone to other parts of the body.
It uses imaging guidance to inject contrast material into the centre of one or more spinal discs to help identify the source of back pain directly. It also is used to help guide the orthopaedic surgeon to determine the suspect disc before surgery.
A Doppler ultrasound is a test that uses high-frequency sound waves to measure the amount of blood flow to your arms and legs by bouncing off high-frequency sound waves against red blood cells. It is a non-invasive, pain-free procedure that can reveal blocked arteries early on in the patient.
Dual Energy Xray Absorptiometry
Dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry (DEXA) uses a minimal dose of ionizing radiation to produce pictures of the inside of the body to measure bone loss. It is commonly used to diagnose osteoporosis. DEXA is simple, quick, and non-invasive.
Electromyography (EMG) is a diagnostic procedure that analyses the health condition of muscles. An EMG translates the electric nerve signals into graphs, helping doctors to make a diagnosis.
Flexibility tests are used to measure the range of motion in the patient and are often part of the physical examination. They are used to help determine whether you have arthritis in a joint. It is a minimally invasive, painless procedure.
Peripheral Bone Density
A bone density test determines if you have osteoporosis — a disorder characterized by bones that are more fragile and more likely to break. The test uses X-rays to measure the amount of calcium and other bone minerals in a segment of bone. Doctors use bone density testing to determine your risk of broken bones (fractures), confirm a diagnosis of osteoporosis, monitor osteoporosis treatment.
Treatment of Orthopaedic problems
What are the different diseases/conditions treated by the Institute of Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement?
- Arthritis: Arthritis is the term used to describe around two hundred joint-related conditions. Our hospital is one of the best hospitals for the treatment of osteoarthritis in Hyderabad.
- Avascular Necrosis: Avascular necrosis is the condition where the bone tissue slowly deteriorates due to a lack of blood supply. Also called osteonecrosis, it can lead to hairline fractures. If not treated properly, it can cause bone collapse.
- Osteoarthritis: It is a degenerative joint disease where the protective cartilage present at the ends of your bones wears down over time. The patient needs to get several tests to diagnose this condition early, and our hospital is one the best hospitals for the treatment of osteoarthritis in Hyderabad.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) is an autoimmune disease in which the body's immune system attacks joints, which can cause joint pain and damage throughout your body. Treatments work best when RA is diagnosed early, which can be done by performing multiple tests. We are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of Rheumatoid Arthritis in Hyderabad.
- Rotator Cuff Strain: A rotator cuff injury is usually a strain or tear of the rotator cuff tendons, which are thick bands that connect joint to the muscles. The doctor may require an X-ray or MRI to diagnose this strain, and our hospital has the necessary diagnostic tests to treat the Rotator cuff strain. We are among the best hospitals for the treatment of rotator cuff strain in Hyderabad.
- Shoulder Impingement: Shoulder impingement occurs when there is impingement of tendons in the shoulder from bones of the shoulder
- Tennis Elbow: Tennis elbow is a painful condition that occurs when tendons in your elbow get overloaded due to the motion of the wrist and arm. We are amongst the best hospitals for the treatment of tennis elbow in Hyderabad.
- Avascular Necrosis: Avascular necrosis is the deterioration of bone tissue due to loss of blood supply.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament Tear (ACL): The anterior cruciate ligament tear is when the ACL is either partially torn, or completely torn. This occurs in sportspersons and requires an expert team of surgeons to treat. We are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of Anterior Cruciate Ligament Tear (ACL) in Hyderabad.
- Meniscus Tear: A meniscus tear occurs in the cartilage surrounding the bone. We are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of Meniscus tear in Hyderabad.
- Disc Herniation: A herniated disc is a part of disc pushed out of the annulus through a tear. We are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of Disc Herniation in Hyderabad.
- Disc Bulge: A bulging disc injury is sustained to your spine's intervertebral disc.
- Scoliosis: Scoliosis is the side curvature of the spine. We are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of Scoliosis in Hyderabad.
- Lumbar Canal Stenosis: Lumbar spinal stenosis is the condition where the spinal canal becomes narrowed. We are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of Lumbar canal stenosis in Hyderabad.
- Stenosis: Stenosis is a weird narrowing in a blood vessel or other tubular organ.
- PFPS (Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome): Patellofemoral pain syndrome (PFPS) is a pain in and around the kneecap.
- Supraspinatus Tendinitis: Supraspinatus tendonitis is an inflammation of supraspinatus tendon. We are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of supraspinatus tendinitis in Hyderabad.
- Pes Planus: Pes planus is a condition in which the longitudinal arch in the foot has not developed typically and is flattened out.
- Ganglion Cyst: A ganglion cyst is a cyst that forms over a joint and is filled with liquid. We are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of the Ganglion cyst in Hyderabad.
- Gout: A gout is a form of inflammatory arthritis that develops in some people who have high levels of uric acid in the blood. We are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of gout in Hyderabad.
- Hairline Fracture: A hairline fracture, also known as a small crack in a bone. This injury is most common in athletes. We are among the best hospitals for the treatment of hairline fracture in Hyderabad.
- Green Stick Fracture: A greenstick fracture is a type of fracture which is caused by a young, soft bone in which the bone bends and breaks. We are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of greenstick fracture in Hyderabad.
- Avulsion: An avulsion fracture is a bone fracture that occurs when a fragment of bone tears away from the central mass of bone. We are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of avulsion in Hyderabad.
- Cervical Spondylitis: Cervical spondylosis is age-related wear and tear affecting the spinal disks in your neck. We are amongst the best hospitals for the treatment of cervical spondylitis in Hyderabad.
- Lumbar Spondylosis: Lumbar spondylosis can be described as all degenerative conditions affecting the discs, vertebral bodies, and associated joints of the lumbar vertebrae. We are one of the best hospitals for the treatment of lumbar spondylitis in Hyderabad.
What are the orthopaedic surgeries done at the institute of orthopaedics and joint replacement?
- Stem Cell Treatment: Stem cell treatments in orthopaedics are among the most commonly explored options and have found varying levels of success in promoting tissue healing. Stem cell-based therapies for the repair or regeneration of muscle and tendon represent a promising technology going forward for numerous diseases.
- Arthroscopy: Arthroscopy is a surgical procedure used to visualize, diagnose, and treat problems inside a joint by using an arthroscope. Our hospital is one of the best hospitals for Arthroscopy in Hyderabad. Readmore
- Arthroplasty: Arthroplasty is a surgery done by orthopaedic surgeons to restore joint function by using an arthroscope. We are amongst the best hospitals for arthroplasty in Hyderabad. Readmore
- Hip replacement surgery: During hip replacement, a surgeon removes the damaged sections of your hip joint and replaces them with parts usually constructed of metal or ceramic. We are one of the best hospitals for hip replacement surgery in Hyderabad. Readmore
- Knee replacement surgery: Knee replacement is a surgical procedure to resurface a knee damaged by arthritis. We are one of the best hospitals for knee replacement surgery in Hyderabad. Readmore
- Fracture treatment: During the physical exam, the doctor will inspect the affected area for tenderness, swelling, deformity or an open wound. A CT or MRI scan is used to determine the extent of the injury. We are amongst the best hospitals for the treatment of fracture in Hyderabad.
Best Ortho Doctors, Specialists and Surgeons in Lakdi Ka Pul, Hyderabad
The Department of Orthopaedics and Joint Replacement at Gleneagles Global Hospital, Hyderabad, provides you with the best treatment for your bone problems and join replacements as we have some of the best medical staff on board. We have some of the best orthopaedic doctors and orthopaedic surgeons in Hyderabad on board will provide you with all the medical assistance that is necessary. They are well-trained and have great knowledge about their area of specialization. We are one of the best hospitals for orthopaedics in Hyderabad and we make sure our patients have a very satisfactory journey to recovery.
Dr. Murali Mohan
Dr Vishnu Manyam
M.B.B.S, M.S (Orthopaedics), Fellowship in Spine Surgery
From the Doctor's Desk
We bring to you exclusive articles and videopods from our panel of experienced team of doctors. The articles revolve around myriad topics covering different aspects of a disease or condition right from what its about to its causes, symptoms, risk factors, diagnosis, treatment, etc. They also cover latest trends, technological advancements and new treatment methods. Stay tuned to this page for latest updates.
Introducing Department of Orthopaedics and the experts
Dr Venkata Ramana Vemuri